Okay, since I haven’t been able to find an existing one, I’m going to do the responsible thing here and create one for all of us. We need to learn trial etiquette and manners. If you’re in the forests as much as I am you get miffed over a few reoccurring things. I put together a list of basic manners and nature seekers 101.
1. When you are parking at a trail head you can see that only a couple cars can fit, so park your car as to leave room for other cars (stop parking like an idiot)
2. Before setting out, look over a trail map and have a plan if you separate. ( note, playing Marco Polo should not be that plan)
3. Check yourself, do you have everything you need (and the stupid stuff you don’t)
4. Silence is golden. My biggest pet peeve in the forest, try to talk softly, whatever you say everyone in the forest just heard because it echos. And talking on your cell phone? Don’t even get me started. ( I want to take that phone out of your hands)
5. For the dirt bikers. Let me first say I love it, believe it or not I used to ride a 4 wheeler every weekend. But please stop making the trail all blown out for the hikers. (I see your muddy wheel marks on the trail, I will find you, and your little bike too)
6. My other huge pet peeve is trash. WTH people, take whatever you bring out with you! (Refer to above, I will find you, you lazy earth killing jerk)
7. Respect the wildlife. Always, the forest is their home not ours. And every little critter has a family to get home too.
8. Hunters please don’t shoot me! I don’t look good in orange, is pink and purple okay?
Well I think I covered everything in my list but feel free to comment if you think of something to add along